Networks Leadership Symposium 2013
November 12 and 13, 2013
Royal Roads University, Victoria, British Columbia
IF NETWORKS ARE THE ANSWER, WHAT IS THE QUESTION? RETHINKING NETWORKS.
Are you interested in exploring the science and practice of inter-organizational networks? If you're a network leader, practitioner, decision maker, clinician, researcher, policy maker, or student interested in networks this symposium is a great opportunity for you to learn about the most current thinking and practice from experts in the field!
Register online today!
In a series of highly interactive panels you will explore such topics as:
- Should we be re-thinking networks?
What has changed in the field; theory and practice of the ‘network way of working’; the value proposition that networks offer; and, why and how networks are key to the future of organizational change.
- What do we know about creating and managing networks?
Collaborative governance; leadership and management; how neuroscience can help us understand leadership of and in networks and lessons from ‘dark networks’.
- How do we know if networks are working?
Importance of network evaluation and an overview and online demonstration of the ‘Program to Analyze, Record, and Track Networks to Enhance Relationships (PARTNER)’ software tool for network data collection, analysis and mapping.
- How do we sustain networks over time or wind them down?
Role of networks in creating, using and exchanging knowledge; how to nurture and sustain networks in the short and long term; whether we need to think about winding down networks or transforming them into new entities and, if so, how and when to do this.
- Michael McGuire (Indiana University)
- Brint Milward (University of Arizona)
- Raymond Paquin (Concordia University)
- Keith Provan (University of Arizona)
- Bill Tholl (Canadian Health Leadership Network)
- Siv Vangen (The Open University, UK)
- Danielle Varda (University of Colorado)
Ronald Lindstrom PhD, FCCHL - Professor, School of Leadership Studies, Director, Centre for Health Leadership and Research, Henri M. Toupin Research Fellow in Health Systems Leadership, Royal Roads University (Victoria, BC)
Janice Popp MSW, RSW - Adjunct Assistant Professor, Faculty of Social Work, University of Calgary (Calgary, AB)
Symposium sponsors to date include:
- Alberta Centre for Child, Family and Community Research
- Alberta Innovates – Health Solutions
- Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Fraser Health
- Institute for Health System Transformation and Sustainability
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
- Royal Roads University
- University of Calgary, Department of Community Health Sciences
Program subject to change.
For more information please contact:
Web site: health-leadership-research.royalroads.ca
Phone: 1-250-391-2600 ext. 4313