The Canadian College of Health Leaders is pleased to be partnering with the Conference Board for this exciting event! As part of our partnership, we’re able to offer our delegates a special rate to attend! Please see below for more information.
We hope you’ll join us for the Western Summit on Sustainable Health, May 22 & 23 2013, at The Westin, Edmonton. This second in a series of summits will bring together a broad range of stakeholders such as yourself from across Canada and internationally to discuss the major challenges to the health care system and the health of citizens. Join us and have your say on the next steps needed to build a more sustainable health care system in Canada.
Our second Summit on Sustainable Health will introduce fresh thinking from Canada’s health leaders on this important topic. We’re busy refining the full agenda for this program, and will post it online shortly.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Mary Ackenhusen, Chief Operating Officer, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Francine Bennett, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Mastadon C
- Michael Bidu, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Sanotron
- Katharina A. Kovacs Burns, Director, Interdisciplinary Health Research Academy, University of Alberta
- Alex Clark, Associate Dean and Professor, Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta
- Liz Evans, Executive Director, PHS Community Services Society
- Trevor Hancock, Professor and Senior Scholar, School of Public Health and Social Policy, University of Victoria
- Glen Hodgson, Senior Vice-President and Chief Economist, The Conference Board of Canada
- Shelley Kuipers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Chaordix Inc.
- Richard Lewanczuk, Senior Medical Director, Primary & Community Care, Alberta Health Services
- Jennifer Mackenzie, Vice-President, Strategic Planning, Transformation Support & Innovation, Provincial Health Services Authority
- Gabriela Prada, Director, Health Innovation, Policy and Evaluation, The Conference Board of Canada
- The Hon. David Rodney, Associate Minister of Wellness, Alberta
- Kaveh Safavi, Managing Director, North America Health Industry, Accenture Inc.
- Graham D. Sher, Chief Executive Officer, Canadian Blood Services
- Jeffrey C. Simpson, National Affairs Columnist, The Globe and Mail, and Author, Chronic Condition: Why Canada’s Health Care System Needs to be Dragged into the 21st Century
- Arya M. Sharma, Scientific Director, Canadian Obesity Network
- Graham L. Sanderson, Corporate Director, Enterprise Risk Management, Vancouver Island Health Authority
Discuss your issues and ideas with the health management experts.
This unique gathering of health leaders will provide new connections and great new ideas. Find out from the expert faculty and your fellow delegates how to:
- Manage the challenges and drivers of change in the health system.
- Innovate to overcome obstacles and improve care.
- Benchmark your performance.
- Put patients at the centre of care.
- Understand the social determinants of health.
- Recognize employers’ roles in health care system sustainability.
- Use open data and analytics to cut costs and improve outcomes.
- Collaborate across provincial boundaries.
- Harness the power of social media in a health care setting.
This Western Summit will feature dynamic national and international health leaders to provide the context, vision, and ideas for major transformation. This will include peer-to-peer dialogue on sustainability and the changes you believe are needed to create a viable foundation for the future. No other event in Western Canada will bring together such a broad range of stakeholders and facilitate a more holistic view of the entire health system.
Save with our special promotional rate!
Don't miss this opportunity to meet the experts, raise the issues that affect you, and learn what you need to know to build a vision of sustainable health for your organization. Click here to register online and quote rebate code PRM2 to save $400 off of registration for this event! We also have special rates available for groups, not-for-profit organizations, health practitioners, and others. If you think you qualify for one of these lower rates, or would like more information on the program, please contact Joel Elliott at email@example.com before registering.
Please note that this special rate is available for non-registered delegates only.