CHES 34th Annual Conference: Environment of Excellence: The Patient Perspective
September 28-30 2014
Saint John, New Brunswick
Saint John Trade & Convention Centre
The Canadian Healthcare Engineering Society is holding its 34th Annual Conference September 22-24 2013 at the Saint John Trade & Convention Centre in Saint John, New Brunswick. The theme of the 2014 Conference is “Environment of Excellence: The Patient Perspective.”
Highlights include Canada's well known keynote speaker Hélène Campbell, a double lung transplant recipient who has helped increase organ and tissue donation in Canada and the USA.
Plenary and con-current session topics include:
- ICP & FM
- Endearing Healing Garden
- Shaping Buildings to Improve the Patient Experience
- Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care - Challenges and Outcomes
- Lean, Clean, and Green: How Humber River Regional Medical Center is Automating the Age-Old Challenge of Waste, Soiled Linen and Recyclable Collection and Transport
- The Patient Perspective
- New CSA Standards for Infection Control - HVAC & Plumbing
- Legionnaires' Disease: Past, Present and Future
- Blueprint for a Safe and Successful Project
- Effective Climate Control for Hospital Operating Rooms
- C-Diff, MRSA and VRE Disinfection Using Software-Driven Ultraviolet Technology
- Pressurized Steam Humidification Design Considerations With Focus on Healthcare
- Maintaining the Environment of Excellence in Healthcare Facilities - An Infection and Control Perspective
- Patient Recovery Relative to Ventilation Control & IAQ
- "Lessons Learned"
|MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION|
Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 4.5 Category II credits toward their maintenance of certification requirement.