2013 Innovators Conference: Measuring the Impact of PFCC
September 30 - October 1, 2013
Today patient- and family-centred care (PFCC) is more than a philosophy or a new model of care; it has become a part of each initiative we launch, and everything we do, to achieve high quality and safe healthcare. Through a comprehensive list of keynote speakers and visionary thinkers, the 2013 Innovators Conference: Measuring the Impact of PFCC will look at the results behind PFCC, new initiatives guiding change in healthcare, and innovative solutions to improving patient-centred care.
How does your organization measure up? During the 2013 Innovators Conference we will look at why despite decades of discourse and focus, are we still stuck in a place where patient and families remain on the periphery of control regarding their care? Where do the intersections of patient safety, quality of work life and inter-professional collaboration sit within the patient-centred care discourse? What can we be doing better today to make a difference tomorrow for our organizations, healthcare providers, patients and their families, and the communities we serve?
2013 Innovator Conference hosts a fantastic line up of speakers ….
- André Picard, Health Reporter, Globe and Mail
- Dr. Joy Richards, RN, PhD, Vice-President Health Professions & Chief Nursing Executive, University Health Network (UHN)
- Patricia Rutherford, Vice-President, Quality Improvement, Institute of Healthcare Improvement (USA)
- Steven Lewis, President, Access Consulting Ltd. (Saskatoon) & Adjunct Professor of Health Policy, Simon Fraser University
- Hugh MacLeod, CEO, Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI)
- Sophie Baillargeon, Assistant to the Director of Nursing, McGill University Health Centre and Maria Judd, Senior Director, Patient Engagement & Improvement, Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement (CFHI)
- Patient Engagement Panel: The value behind engaging patients
- Systems Panel: Improving Healthcare Barrier to PFCC
- PLUS Nine (9) Concurrent Sessions to choose from focusing on leadership, the patient’s point of view, safe staffing, the clinical setting, mental health perspective, and so much more!
For more Conference information on keynote speakers, concurrent sessions, hotel information, and registration options, visit us here.
The 2013 Innovators Conference is hosted by the Saskatchewan Union of Nurses (SUN).
|MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION|
Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 5 Category II credits toward their maintenance of certification requirement.